POLICY REGARDING PUBLISHING OF PHOTOGRAPHS OF MINORS AND ADULTS
- Minor: A person under the legal age of full responsibility; under the age of 19; a child.
- Adult: A person who has attained the legal age of full responsibility; 19 years of age and older.
- Non Profit Environment: Any type of format that is not intended for use as an advertisement for the sale of services or products.
- Format: The means of publication; printed material, Internet display, email (eNews).
Posed: Formally staged or positioned for photography.
- General Information: Name, city, state, age, reason for photograph (e.g. award, event)
- Personal Information: Same as general information and including contact information (e.g. address, phone number, email address).
- Public Places: Public places will be known as areas the general public has access to at the time the photograph is taken.
- Written Permission: A signed paper or digital message with an authorized signature agreeing to the use of the photograph for the specific purpose of publication in one or all of the above formats.
- Guaranteed (Written Permission): The person/organization submitting a photograph where written permission is necessary holds personally and keeps on file said permission and gives surety that such permission has been granted.
We will publish submitted photographs of minors OR list their names and other general information, but to do both together requires parent/guardian written permission.
1. The person/organization submitting photograph of minors must guarantee that the written permission has been obtained.
2. No personal information for minors will be published at any time in any format.
3. Photographs or information regarding any minor who appears to have a disability, whether physical or intellectual (mental), must have the guaranteed written parent/guardian permission to be published in any format at any time.
4. Under no circumstances will photographs or information (general or personal) of minors who are wards of the state be published in any format at any time.
We will publish, in any format, posed photographs of adults - singularly or with a group - with general information assuming that consent to publish has been granted.
1. Adults appearing in non-posed, crowd-like photographs or appearing in the background of posed photographs taken in public places will be published in any format but without any personal or general information about that specific adult.
2. Photographs or information (general or personal) regarding any adult who appears to have a disability, whether physical or intellectual (mental), will not be published without guaranteed written permission.
We (the publisher) reserve the right to use our own discretion and to refuse publication in any format of any photograph at any time when we feel the above criteria has not been met.