PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Continuing Education for Nebraska Sheriffs
- NSA provides 20 hours of continuing education for all sheriffs on an annual basis as mandated by Nebraska statute.
- NSA is also a reference source for legal questions and a lobbying group representing the interests of law enforcement in the Legislature.
- NSA keeps members up-to-date with all information relative to new legislation and technological advances that impact law enforcement.
Technology & Information
- NSA works in partnership with all law enforcement agencies to enhance technology, furnish important information, and continuously provide the highest quality of protection to all citizens in the state of Nebraska.
State and County Fairs and “Search for Safety”
- NSA has participated in state and county fairs. At these events, NSA provided fingerprinting, coloring books, Junior Deputy stickers, pencils, bikes, and educational materials.
- A “Search for Safety”, similar to a mini scavenger hunt, with a special appeal to the youth visiting the Nebraska State Fair, offers everyone the opportunity to learn about safety while having fun. Kids get a free t-shirt by visiting every sponsor and completing a safety activity. Sponsored by NSA in partnership with Nebraska Game and Parks, State Fire Marshal, US Attorneys, Nebraska Emergency Managers, Statewide Emergency Response Commission, Police Officers Association of Nebraska, NESCA (Statewide Safety Communicators), Attorney General’s Office, and the National Guard Counter Drug Task Force.
Sponsor of Special Olympics
- NSA is proud to be a Bronze Sponsor of the Special Olympics and the Nebraska State Games each year.
- Sheriffs and personnel across the state participate in the annual Nebraska Torch Run, kicking off the games.
back to top